I hope you didn’t miss me too much. I was busy getting married last week lol. So this week, I thought to bless you with one of my new recipes. But before that, can you believe I had a covid wedding? I can’t either.
When I tell you that I had my wedding colours, decor, cake design all planned four years ago with my best friends, I am not exaggerating. When my Husband proposed last year, I only had to open up that book which also had a drawing of my proposed dress and refresh my memory.
Interestingly, much of my ideas were still the same. I still wanted a ball gown with an open back and a v-neck. Yeah, we were that specific four years ago. And in all of our planning, there was no part that included a pandemic plan. Today is abut food anyway. I’ll give you the full wedding gist another day lol
The recipe today (as always lol) is simple, straightforward and above all delicious and mouth watering. I made this dish recently and my husband could only have one serving because we had guests so he’s been talking about it all week and so I decided to make it again today.
Lets get to it
Total Cook Time : 60 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
Green Bell pepper
Onions (Red, white)
Spices (Ginger, garlic, curry, thyme)
Stock Cube (Maggi)
- Wash the basmati rice in warm water multiple times and then leave the rice to steam in a little hot water off the stove.
- Dice your onions, scotch bonnet, green onions, green pepper.
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a dry pot and then add the onions and scotch bonnet to fry for about two minutes on medium heat. Oil should sizzle once onions is added if it is hot enough.
- Add half of the green peppers and green onions. Then add thyme, curry, dry pepper, ginger, a little garlic, white pepper, stock cube and then stir.
- Pour in your coconut milk and as soon as it starts to boil, add in the rice, cover pot with foil and then pot cover to keep the steam in. Put stove on medium heat. If the coconut milk does not cover the rice, add a little water. We want to cook the rice with part water and part steam to avoid it getting too soggy. It is better to add more water if needed than to reduce it if the rice gets too soft. Always check for taste if you add more water.
- Finally, add in the rest of the green pepper and onions once all the water in the pot is dried and then allow rice to steam for about 10 minutes. Stir rice, check that it is done.
- Food is ready to serve.
That brings us to the end of this Yummy recipe. Try it out and let me know .